Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
ID verification is necessary to comply with AML5D regulation.
We do not accept emailed copies of ID for verification purposes.
Identity Verification Troubleshooting
When initiating your verification:
- Ensure that the document is either a Passport or an official ID issued by your state
- Ensure that your document contains latin characters, we cannot accept identity documents with which are issued with non-latin characters only.
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired, without hole punches or other modifications.
- Ensure your document is in a well-lit area without glare. Natural sunlight is best
- Photograph the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners or sides
- Ensure the ID is fully visible and in focus
- Chrome browser is recommended
- If having trouble with the camera on a desktop or laptop computer, try selecting Mobile Camera during the verification process. This will send a verification link to your phone number so you can use your mobile phone's camera to complete the process.
- Do not obscure any information on the ID
- Try to Face the camera directly and include from your shoulders to the top of your head.
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible, Do not wear sunglasses or hats, If you're wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie photo.
My ID is from one country, but I live in a different country
If your ID document is issued by a country other than the country you are a resident of, it may not be possible to complete ID verification at this time. We're always working on improving our verification service and hope to support your specific situation as soon as possible.